Information for participants
Conference Venue & General Information
The venue of the Conference is Strathmore University
View Strathmore Business School in a larger map
Banks are opened from Monday till Friday, from 9.00 to 17.00 and on Saturday, from 9.00 to 14.00
Visa, American Express, Access/MasterCard, Dinners Club cards and travellers checks CAN be used in Kenya.
The official currency is the Kenyan Shillings, 1 USD = ~84.6 KES.
At 580,367 km2 (224,081 sq mi), Kenya is the world's forty-seventh largest country (after Madagascar). It lies between latitudes 5°N and 5°S, and longitudes 34° and42°E. From the coast on the Indian Ocean, the low plains rise to central highlands. The highlands are bisected by the Great Rift Valley; a fertile plateau lies in the east. The Kenyan Highlands comprise one of the most successful agricultural production regions in Africa. The highlands are the site of the highest point in Kenya and the second highest peak on the continent: Mount Kenya, which reaches 5,199 m (17,057 ft) and is the site of glaciers. Mount Kilimanjaro (5,895 m or 19,341 ft) can be seen from Kenya to the South of the Tanzanian border.
- Population: 43.5 million (2013 est.)
- Capital City: Nairobi
- People: Kenya has a diverse population that includes most major ethnoracial and linguistic groups found in Africa. There are an estimated 42 different communities, with Bantus(67%) and Nilotes (30%) constituting the majority of local residents. Cushitic groups also form a small ethnic minority, as do Arabs, Indians and Europeans
- Religion(s): The vast majority of Kenyans are Christian (83%), Muslim 11.2%, irreligious 2.4%, and indigenous beliefs 1.7%
The weather between February and March is the hottest in Kenya,leading into the season of the long rains.
Languages: Swahili (Official) English (Official).
- Telkom Orange
- Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (JKIA) is the main gateway into Kenya by air. The airport is served by various European, Middle Eastern and African airlines.
- GMT + 3 hours.
Below are some hotels within close proximity to the conference venue. More information on the hotels, relating to facilities available and exact distance to the venue will be updated soon.
Locate on Map
The IDLELO 6 team will issue a uniform letter regarding entry visa for all delegates who need visa to Kenya for IDLELO 6 Conference.
- Full payment for conference
- Accommodation reservation with at least one night full payment.
Other Kenya Visa Requirements are as follows:
i. Valid passports or other travel documents including Seaman’s Discharge Book, acceptable to the Government of Kenya are required for all persons wishing to enter Kenya.
ii. Passports must be valid for at least Six (6) Months.
iii. Passports must have a clean and a full visa page for endorsement.
An ordinary Visa is required for persons whose nationalities require visas to enter Kenya.
Please go to the following link to determing the category of visa your country requires.
The current standard visa fee for an ordinary or a Single Journey entry visa shall be US $ 50
For more information, please go to http://www.immigration.go.ke/
To avoid rush with the visa application, we are requesting all delegates who need entry visas to meet the requirements above on or before date to be announced.